How to Pack a Preroll Cone Joint with Cannabis: 3 Easy Methods
Posted by Craig Jones on May 02, 2023
Hey there, fellow cannabis lovers! If you’re like me, you enjoy smoking a good joint every now and then. But rolling a joint by hand can be tricky and time-consuming, especially if you’re not very skilled at it. That’s why I love preroll cone joints. They are ready-made papers that you can fill with your favorite cannabis strain in seconds. They come in different sizes and shapes, and they make smoking cannabis so much easier and fun. In this blog, I’m going to show you how to pack a cone joint with cannabis using three easy methods: using a rolling machine, using a funnel, or using your fingers. Trust me, once you try these methods, you’ll never go back to hand-rolling again. Let’s get started!
How to Fill a Preroll Cone Joint with Cannabis
Preroll cone joints are a convenient and popular way to smoke cannabis without having to roll your own joints by hand. They come in different sizes and shapes, and can be filled with various strains of cannabis. But how do you fill a preroll cone joint with cannabis? There are three main methods that you can use: using a rolling machine, using a funnel, or using your fingers. In this article, we will explain each method in detail and give you some tips on how to pack a preroll cone joint with cannabis successfully.
Using a Cone Filling/Rolling Machine
This method is quick and easy, but you need a special machine that can hold your cone size. Marijuana Packaging suggests these simple steps to fill cone papers with a rolling machine:
- Prepare a specific area for your pre-rolling activity.
- Use a large handheld grinder or cannabis grinder to grind your raw cannabis flower! Make sure it is a smooth even grind and that there are no chunks or leftover stems in your prepped flower.
- Put your pre-rolled cones in your cone filling machine with the crutches/filter tips on the bottom side.
- Put your grinded cannabis flower on the cone filler.
- Turn on the filling machine to make it vibrate-this method is preferred because it ensures an evenly distributed fill. If it is not electric hand tamper.
- Leave enough room to close the ends of your pre-rolls with a light twist.
Using a Funnel
This method is easy and handy, but you need a folded business card or sheet of paper to make a funnel for your herb. MAMA’S GANJA gives these steps to fill a ready-made cone with a funnel:
- Funnel your cannabis. Make a funnel with a folded business card or sheet of paper for your herb. You will need between ¾ gram and 2 grams of ground material to fill it up, depending on the size of the cone. Use the funnel to add a bit of flower at a time into the cone.
- Pack it down. Use a chopstick, a cone packer, or the cardboard straw that comes with some cones to gently press down the cannabis as you fill it up. Don’t press it too hard or too soft, as this will affect how well your joint flows and burns.
Using Your Fingers
This method is more classic and personal, but you need more skill and patience to do it right. Weedmaps gives these steps to fill a ready-made cone with your fingers:
- Grind up about one gram of cannabis flower.
- Take the pre-roll cone of your choice, facing the wider end upward.
- Take a small amount of your ground cannabis flower and put it into the pre-rolled cone using a packing tool or your fingers, either works!
- Do this again until you reach the top of the cone, making sure to press it evenly and firmly along the way.
- Twist or fold the extra paper at the top of the cone to close it off.
And that’s how you pack a cone joint with cannabis using three easy methods. Most people prefer the method that is most convenient, efficient and satisfying for them. I used to prefer using my fingers since its more intimate and traditional, but I found myself dropping way too much weed and wasting too much time. Some people like the funnel method because it is simple and easy. But I ended up gravitating towards the rolling machine/cone filler method, because it saved me time and effort. They also smoke better than traditional machine rolled joints. Ultimately, it depends on your own personal taste and style.
As you can see, filling a preroll cone joint is not hard at all. You just need some cannabis, prerolled cones, and some tools. Whether you use a rolling machine, a funnel, or your fingers, you can enjoy a perfect joint in no time. Here are some tips to make your cone joint experience even better:
- Choose a high-quality cannabis strain that suits your mood and preferences. You can find a variety of strains at your local dispensary or online store.
- Choose a cone size that matches your smoking needs. You can find cones ranging from small to king size, depending on how much cannabis you want to smoke.
- Choose a cone paper that matches your taste and style. You can find cones made of different materials, such as hemp, rice, or flax. You can also find cones with different flavors, colors, or designs.
- Pack your cone joint evenly and firmly, but not too tight or too loose. This will ensure a smooth airflow and burn rate for your joint.
- Twist or fold the excess paper at the top of the cone to seal it off. You can also use a lighter to burn off the excess paper for a cleaner look.
Now it’s time to put these methods into practice and smoke some awesome cone joints. Waterbeds ‘n’ Stuff has the best smoking products at low prices. You can choose from different types and flavors of preroll cones to enjoy your smoke. Visit waterbedsnstuff.com or come to one of our 13 retail locations throughout Central Ohio for all of this and an amazing selection of accessories, such as trays, grinders and pipes.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and learned how to fill your preroll cone joints successfully. Have fun trying out all three methods and see which one you prefer. And don’t forget to share this blog with your friends who love cannabis too. Happy smoking!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
**The beliefs and opinions expressed in this blog are not those of Waterbeds ‘n’ Stuff.